So let's get started.
- I got a full-time job at La Petite daycare. I know I've already mentioned this, and it doesn't seem like much of an adventure or anything, but trust me, I've learned so much from these 2-year-olds. They challenge me every day and I'm pretty sure they teach me much more than I teach them. They drive me crazy, but I absolutely love those kids.
- I've done a lot of work on my music in the past couple of months. Not as much as I would have liked or as much as I should. But I've worked my tail off. I had my first recording session with my amazingly talented and helpful cousin Tyler Monks, and I learned a lot about my music and how it sounds all together, and also how to tweak it to make it actually sound how I want. It's still a work in progress, but it's coming along. And I finished the piano part of a piano/cello duet I've been working on since December. It too has a long way to go, but I'm satisfied with what I've written so far. I still need to keep practicing and writing and playing around. I've got a lot to learn.
- I'm proud to say that I still find (plenty of) time to spend having adventures with my friends. Which is a sad sort of an accomplishment for me. I'm really not social. Anyway, so far, we've dressed up like Hobbits and hiked Bell's Canyon, tried our hand at Geocaching, gallivanted around in downtown Salt Lake in search of scripts and chocolate, painted with henna, consumed a ridiculous number of slushes from Sonic, and just generally had a good time.
- I've done a good deal of saving money and preparing for school. I've registered for classes, put my deposit down for my apartment, and saved up a good chunk of money for housing/tuition. Not to mention I have a cute little piggy bank with some money put aside for my snowboard. I'm incredibly excited for school to start up again. There are so many things that I want to experience, learn, and accomplish. But I'm content with making money and enjoying the hot weather for now.
- As for the rest of the Summer, my plans are as follows. In mid-July, I'm planning a 2-3 day backpacking trip with a few of my friends. I'm so excited. I absolutely love hiking, and I want to get outside as much as possible. I'm also working on that tan. It's actually coming along! IT'S A MIRACLE! And I'm really hoping to have a more solid idea of what I'm doing next Summer and where I'm going to transfer. It's a bit far-fetched, but I'd really love to work in Disneyland next Summer with a college program, get residency in California, and then go to school somewhere there, maybe UCLA. I'll definitely have to look into it. And I have a lot of work ahead of me. Life is exciting. Scary sometimes, but definitely exciting.
Anyway, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Summer!
Love and kisses,